Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

24 Day Challenge...Day 10

Final day of the cleanse phase!!!!  Made it through my first 10 days and aside from a few blips (especially on my weekend of travel), I have managed to stay on track.  I am excited to move into the Max Phase and have a little more freedom in the food department...especially cheese, I miss cheese ; ).  I didn't have any issues throughout my cleanse, gentle and uneventful just like they say.  Over the last 10 days I haven't been worrying too much about tracking foods on my phone app.  However, now that I am able to have a little more flexibility, I know that I must keep myself accountable.   This is a lifestyle change...not just a fad diet.
I have definitely learned quite a bit about the quality of calories I have been eating.  I feel so much fuller for longer eating a bowl of fruit or some almonds than I would eating a 100 calorie pack of some processed thing.  I have also learned that it is important to eat a good variety of foods (proteins, fruits, veggies, and some complex carbs).  I know that is probably pretty basic info, but I always struggle in the veggie department.  I love fruit and all carbs (even bad ones unfortunately)  and grew up on a cattle ranch so definitely don't have problems getting protein, but I could take or leave vegetables.  That has been one of my big goals each day is to get plenty of veggies.  I have tried to get creative with those and make myself eat all of those on my plate (kinda like when mom won't let you leave the table until you finish your brocolli).
"Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7 NIV.  It is amazing how no matter what temptations you face in your life, this verse always applies.  Many people know the last part of that verse (the part with resist the devil), however they skip over the first sentence. We must be submitted first completely to God in order to truly be able to resist the devil.  We cannot expect to be able to resist the every temptation that comes our way under only our own power.  We must put our trust in and depend on God to give us strength when it just doesn't seem to be there.  I have really made a point to pray every step on this journey, even before starting the 24 day challenge.  As weird as it may seem for someone to pray through a weight loss journey, I feel it is essential.  Really, there are not any situations in my life that I do not pray about.  It goes back to one of the first things I had written about with our body being a temple.  In ancient times, temples were very precious and considered holy places.  The fact that that terminology is used tells me that it is important how we treat and take care of our physical bodies.
Tomorrow I will start taking my MNS Max C (Multi-nutrient supplement with Maximum appetite control).  Looking forward to this next phase of my challenge.  Before starting the challenge I had been stuck at a plateau for about 2 months.  As of day 5, I was down 3.2 lbs which is definitely a breakthrough for me.  I am really hoping that breaking that plateau will help propel me to lose the last 15-20 lbs that I need to lose to get back where I was in college!

No comments:

Post a Comment